Can I squeeze in this tag before it’s been a year since I was nominated? You’re reading this, so I guess I can! I was nominated for this tag by the amazing Madeline Todd nearly a year ago – backlog piles are the real deal. Go and give their brilliant site some love, and here are my (long awaited) answers!
3 Read Once and Loved Authors
- Maggie Stiefvater. She’s not my favourite author, but she has my favourite writing style. Ever. Want to know the comparisons between reading her books and listening to the sumptuous audiobooks? Find my review of the Dream Thieves here!)
- Mackenzie Lee. I read one chapter of her hilarious, witty characters and knew I was done for. Find my review of her book that made me cry the most sad tears, the Nobleman’s Guide to Shipwrecks and Scandal here. The one that made me cry the most happy tears, the Lady’s Guide To Petticoats and Piracy here.
- Leigh Bardugo. She wins the prize for my favourite author. Ever. Find me alternating between ranting and crying in my review of possibly the last book in the Grishaverse, Rule Of Wolves, here.
3 Titles I’ve Watched but Not Read
- The Kissing Booth. Although I have no desire to see the film again, or read the books.
- Gone Girl. That was a good film.
- The Hobbit I got up to the bit in the book where the Hobbit is in the hole in the ground… and then gave up. Is that the first sentence? Maybe…
3 Series I have Binged
- Sadly, I think I read too slowly to count reading a full series as a ‘binge’. If it takes you months to finish the series, would you count it as a binge? How long does it normally take for you to read a full series? Let me know in the coments! However, I just finished The Bell Jar, and read it pretty speedily. Find out why in my review here!
The reason isn’t because it’s only 200 pages, I promise.
3 Characters I love
How can I can only pick three!
- Remus Lupin. I love you bby xxx
- Baz Pitch. Is he the reason I play the violin? Maybe. The obsession is real, so find my soundtrack to if Carry On was a movie here!
- Felicity Montague. She would have made me a woman in STEM… if only I liked Science.
5. 3 Current Favorite Covers
I think it’s a sort of Stockholme Syndrome from staring at these covers for too long recently, but all these books are ones I’ve finished super recently.
- Mister Impossible. I loved the Call Down The Hawk cover more, but I’m living for the whole ‘white border interrupted by the drawing so it looks 3D’. This cover also has Ronan Lynch and Jordan Hennessey on it, so it’s an objectively cool cover. Objectively.
- The Bell Jar. I just love the symmetry! One of the best ‘rebrands’ of a classic I’ve seen in a while.
- The Starless Sea I couldn’t have a favourite book cover list without having at least one Erin Morgernstern book. I think the cover perfectly encapsulates the madness within, and it was included in my list of the most aesthetic book covers ever. Check the list out here!
6. 3 Things You have used as bookmarks
- Ribbon. If I’ve paid all that extra money for a fancy hardback with a ribbon inside, I’m using it!
- Train tickets are my personal favourite at the moment – they’re the perfect size to not fall out of a paperback.
- Bookmarks…? I’m not one to fold over pages, so I’m the friend with a stash of bookmarks to throw at you the minute I see a folded corner.
8. 3 Unpopular Bookish Opinions
- I really don’t like Cassandra Clare books. Her writing style irks me, as do a lot of her characters. Find out why ‘Clary Fray Is Not My Bae’ in my City Of Bones review here.
- Regulus Black deserved more…
- Just because it’s on Booktok, doesn’t mean it’s a good book. Some of the books I’ve read because of Booktok have been… awful. Has that ever happened to you? Let me know in the comments!
9. 3 Book Goals For the Year
- Read 65 books. This is a bit less than normal, but I have loads of exams this year.
- Read more classics! Now libraries are opening again, they’re a great place to get classics from because they nearly always stock some.
- Not have more than physical 5 books to read at once. It’s only March, but so far I’m sticking to this rule! Last year I just ended up buying so many books, and it took ages to get to the ones I actually wanted to read.
And that’s all for the tag, now it’s time to tag! There’s no rush to do it, under a year will be faster than me 🙂 If you’d like a go and I haven’t mentioned you, let me know in the comments and I’ll link your site below!