Mystery Blogger Award Take 3! Or possibly 4. Thank you so much to Paperbacktomes for tagging me, you can find their gorgeous site here. I love getting nominated for this award because whilst the components are the same, the questions are different people’s takes and are consistently so fun – this is no different. Plus, there’s always the added struggle of trying to come up with three new things about myself. (It feels like it should be easy but it’s not.). Hope you enjoy!
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question
- Share the link to your best post
Three Things About Myself:
- At the weekend, I’m currently rewatching the Harry Potter movies and it’s very fun.
- I’ll never give up on a book. If I lent you Percy Jackson 2 years ago, I’m going to be hounding you until I get it back 🙂
- If you’re my friend, I will make you subject to painful ramblings about the deaths of my favourite characters, ugliest book covers and why I got no sleep last night (probably reading, although procrastinating is a likely second). Most of these rants are what make up this blog, just filtered down and with pretty editing…
Do you read books in other language(s)?
A few years ago, I thought I’d try and test my (very limited) French knowledge and read a French book from the charity shop. It was a cool experience to almost decode the story, but I didn’t get much further than the first chapter!
Which was the last book you stayed up late to finish reading it?
This is how you know it’s a good book. Actually, it’s been happening to me quite a bit recently; I think it’s one of the best feelings to get lost in a book. (although, it’s not the best feeling the morning after…). My most recent lack of sleep was when I was rereading the Maze Runner series.
I know they say not to judge a book by its cover. But which is that one book you bought because of the cover and liked the story after reading?
GIDEON THE NINTH. I had no clue what it was about, but saw it on a friends shelf and thought that it deserved a place on mine. Worth it!
Which is your favorite season, and which type of book do you wanna read in that season?
My favourite season is summer – while I’m not the biggest fan of the Jenny Han summer-I-turned-pretty trope books, if the plot isn’t too cringey and the characters are well written, give it here!
What type of characters do you want to read more in books?
Bi characters. Trans characters. Gay parents. Neurodivergent characters. Teenagers that would be played by actual teenagers if the book was a movie, none of the you’re-clearly-27 no-teenager-would-react-like-that crap.
- Do you do book photography? Got any tips?
- Why did you start a blog?
- What’s one book that you recommend to every person you meet?
- Do you have strong memories of going to the library?
- What type of characters do you want to read more in books? (I thought it was a great question)
- What’s a series that you know you’ll never read?