Ahhh I love tags like this! The lovely Sassy Library Fox made my day by nominating me for this award and I felt really motivated (for once…) and did the tag straight away. You can check out their brilliant take on the award here.
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- Answer their questions
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo
- Provide the link of the Award creator of the Ideal Inspiration Blogger award as Rising Star from: https://idealinspiration.blog
The Sassy Library Fox’s Questions
Why did you start your own blog? Tell me your story!
I started blogging about 3 years ago because I wanted to not only share my opinions on books, but also get some book recommendations in turn. I didn’t even have Goodreads and was so stuck for discovering new books that weren’t just from school reading lists. Blogging has definitely opened my eyes to so many new genres!
If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would you like to be and why?
Ahh this question. It always crops up every other book tag or so and really makes me question all my favourite charatcers… because they all have pretty traumatic lives! If it was only for a day (and I didn’t have to live through all their trauma) I’d probably go for a character who lived somewhere with fantasy, magical worldbuilding that I could experience. And that would have to be somewhere like Hogwarts or Fairyland in The Cruel Prince.
Or I’d pick someone with a brilliant found family (favourite trope alert) like Monty from A Nobleman’s Guide To Vice and Virture by Mackenzie Lee or Jane from One Last Stop by Casey McQuinnston. Click on the books to find my review!
Who/What is your favourite bookish animal! (Could be anything from Eragon to Nighteyes)
As I’ve moved away from children’s books, I’ve found that there’s less and less animal sidekicks (who didn’t love the quintessential talking dog in every kid’s book?) so I had to think for this question. The Nifflers from Harry Potter are adorable in the Fantastic Beast movies, so probably them!
If you could do or be anything in the world, what would it be?
Time travel is definitely an overdone subject in books, but I’d still love to go back in time. Even 30 or 40 years and go to some of my favourite bands’ concerts in their hey day (and maybe take some clothes back with me…). I think it would be fascinating to go back further, and see Victorian Britain or the fashions of the French Revolution.
When do you write your blog posts? Are you a night owl or an early bird?
This is such a great question! I’m incredibly sporadic, but generally in the afternoons at the weekend while listening to music. I’ve got the Cure playing on my record player at the moment! What about you?
Questions for my nominees
- If you had to ditch one genre for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
- When do you write your blog posts? Are you a night owl or an early bird? (I’m really interested what other bloggers do!)
- What’s your most anticipated book of 2022?
- Do you have any New Years Resolutions? Are you sticking to them?
- What’s the last book you DNF?
If you’d be interested in trying this tag and I haven’t nominated you, let me know in the comments and I’ll add your site to the list!