Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted on That Artsy Reader Girl and the theme for Tuesday 21st April 2020 is ‘Top Ten Titles That Would Make Great Bands’. I gave it a go with my good friend over at Wacky Words; she has a great account on Instagram posting stories and book reviews. Check it out! Anyway, here are our top ten bands from book titles (the Six of Crows one was so fun) – let me know if you have any other ideas!
1. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants sounds like the ultimate indie girl group at festivals. I’ve never read the book, but we’re picturing some sort of flared denim monstrosity travelling with them to all their gigs?
2. Eleanor and Park would make such a great musical duo. We’re 100% getting Simon and Garfunkle vibes. Maybe the three words at the end of the book were ‘Band Gig Tomorrow?’
3. Jane Eyre isn’t a band name, but the lady herself definitely has enough of a traumatic past to write/scream/sing a rock anthem about it. In our heads, she’s a massive feminist. But of course, her gigs couldn’t happen without her favourite guitarist Mr Rochester by her side…
4. Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve. Mortal Engines would be the coolest Steampunk Band ever.
5. Rogue Wave, from the Waterfire Series by Jennifer Donnely. We’re getting Alternative Rock/ Pop vibes from ‘Rogue Wave’. I can so imagine a VSCO group, complete with matching wave tattoos and hYdRofLaSkS full of lager…
6. Am I Normal Yet by Holly Bourne. Hopefully this band would have better music than their band name (inspiration was wearing thin by this point) but ‘Am I Normal Yet’ would be such a great song name! We can totally imagine some sort of inspirational ballad about society and its expectations… right up Evie’s street.
7. Gone With the Wind sounds like a crazy, messy, hippy band. Preferably with someone like Luna Lovegood as the main singer…
8. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoonis could be the new ‘Duran Duran’, ha. We can see Maddy and Olly as the White Stripes, with some sort of ballad about going outside for the first time. It would be a hit.
9. #The Real Cinderella sounds like a wanna be punk rock band… who maybe aren’t quite there yet! They would think that they’re so kool with a tagline like PiNk iS tHe nEw bLaCk. It could be made up of jilted Disney princesses? (As I’m sure you’ve probably guessed I have no clue what the book is about. Is it good?)
10. Six of Crows would make a great band name anyway, but we can totally imagine the guys in the book starting a band… Kaz would definitely be the dark, handsome and brooding type (although of course he’d never cheat on Inej) and Jesper is giving off like 1D vibes? I guess Matthais and Kuwei would have to be in it too – but no one likes Kuwei. He can play the drums in the back.
Do you have any more ideas? Happy TTT!